The Green Cure

I dunno what it is but my nesting instincts of late has become stronger. All I've been wanting to do lately is decorate and clean, clean, clean. I'm normally a stress and angry cleaner (if I'm pissed, you will likely come home to an immaculate house) but the cleaning urge has been going on for a month, and the decorating, for longer. I've also been yearning for a much simpler life, a more handmade home. And, friends, this is not me. I like being creative with my hands and all, but I don't have the patience for it--or didn't. Now I want to sew. SEW. I never really liked sewing except when I made a handkerchief for my grandma and clothes for my dolls when I was a kid. And my heart wants a vegetable garden and to make bread and eat healthy, organic food. And I want to raise livestock. And if I had a million dollars, I would live in a farm. And so fueled by all of this, but not really knowing why, I searched for blogs and websites, and found The Green Cure on Re-Nest, which I have begun this week and will continue doing for eight weeks. Here is a short description that I took from the site:

It's not just about organizing your home; it's about managing your consumption and reducing the amount of "stuff" you have. It's about discovering what you love and need in your home and forming new habits that will help you live lighter, cleaner, and better.

I don't really have a lot of clutter that I don't need, having just moved, but I do need to organize my stuff a little bit better and make it greener, more comfortable, healthy and healing for myself, my family, and whoever comes to visit.  And this sounds corny, but I want what I have at home be made with love, whether it be laundry detergent or adobo. Oh, and this has also come and gone (it started in the fall and is has just ended or is about to) but I am jumping in anyway. I'm on Week 1 now and I have gathered images that I've seen in Flickr for inspiration. I'll share them soon. 

I probably won't move to a farm or grow a vegetable garden since I live in an apartment, but I can do the rest.

Posted via web from I turned green.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin